FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New all inclusives in Mexico
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:39 pm
dknn

Programs: DL, US
Originally Posted by lowfareair
Any opinions on which Secrets to do for a couple nights? Staying 2 nights at the TRS Coral as part of a wedding preview package in October and want to do another 2 nights somewhere with points. Options we've narrowed down (all 21k/night for the base room, don't think the upgraded rooms are worth it for a 2 night stay):
  • Secrets Playa Mujeres: Literally right next door, but seems to be a bit of a step down from some other Secrets and a lot of the amenities are over at Dreams (we prefer adults-only)
  • Secrets The Vine: Not opposed to it, but generally prefer more 'sprawling' resorts vs the towers throughout Cancun
  • Secrets Riviera Cancun: Biggest pros are that the standard room is a Preferred Club and get full access to Breathless next door if we want to have more of a party atmosphere, then can come back to the more tranquil Secrets
  • Secrets Moxche: Looks fantastic and I like the jungly theme, but would be another 80 minutes additional travel time compared to just staying at PM (the other options are only 15-20 minutes more)
Zoetry is likely out as it seems a little too calm for us (we like a nice mix of light partying and relax)
I've stayed at almost all the places you named including TRS Coral
1. Secrets Playa - the worst Secrets I've stayed at, from food to service. I would avoid. If you want to stay in PM - my favorite is Atelier.
2. STV - I liked how compact and everything is so close, though it reminded me more of a regular hotel than a resort
4. Moxche - just got back over July 4th. I would recommend it here. There were no issues with getting chairs and as a Globalist, I was upgraded to preferred club. There are so many different pools and never felt crowded. I did find the selection of alcohol to be poor. Plus it wasn't too far from the airport, from pickup from the resort to the airport gate was 55 mins.