FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]
Old Jul 20, 2022, 2:07 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The two agents were saying the same thing, it is a matter how you ask the guestion.

There are many things an elites can do for an off-PNR companion -- including E+ , priority boarding with you, CPU waitlist, ...access if on the same flight. So that answer is YES
And of course you can use your miles to upgrade a paid ticket even if not traveling together.

What you can not do is add a companion to your PNR. So the answer is NO,
Combine reservations into one PNR? Can not be done. "Linking" PNRs, no benefit.
Perhaps, but the first agent pretty much just said you have to cancel your ticket and rebook with her, no option. No mention of "off-PNR" companion getting my benefits and while I haven't done this in a while I sort of remembered that they could indeed do that. Second agent knew exactly where I was going and what I wanted to do. Yes, I knew I could apply miles for the upgrade but he actually got me a better deal than I was seeing on line and processed it in a minute. Kudos to the 1K desk today!