FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2022, 4:41 am
yareku

Programs: AF Ultimate, LH Senator, BA Silver; MB Titanium, HH Diamond; Starbucks Gold
My Ultimate experience and perhaps a word of warning to others.

- Upon arrival at the airport, I have discovered there had been involuntary parting with the contents of my wallet (incl. ID), and I was not allowed to proceed to the plane.

1st Ulti call: Got quoted a rather attractive price for ticket amendment in C and was suggested to file a police report to be allowed to check-in & board the plane. Got my ticket amended as confirmed in the app (without payment) and agreed to confirm everything after visiting the police station.

2nd Ulti call (an hour later): When talking to an agent whom I did not clearly understand, a price was mentioned. When I directly asked them "Is it X EUR ?", they proceeded to just repeat what they said earlier without challenging me in any way or mentioning I quoted an incorrect price, so I provided the payment details and received my boarding pass.

3rd Ulti call: After a chaos at the airport, I was told to confirm I could travel with the airline "HQ", so I called the Ulti line, who, in turn, told me to ask at the airport as "they are different KLM than the KLM at the airport and I need to understand they cannot confirm anything".

- After arriving home, I realised I got charged three times the amount quoted during the 1st call (for a wonderful intimate Embraer experience).

4th Ulti call: I complained about the situation and was promised investigation.

5th Ulti call: After some time, I followed up with the Ulti line. They told me the 4th call was never registered and never followed upon and told me they would investigate and call me.

- I then received an email saying essentially "our recording has the agent saying price Y, you quoted price X and provided your payment details, so you agreed to price Y". After pressing it further, they eventually apologised for "inconvenience" without zero compensation.