FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disruption Strategy
View Single Post
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:14 am
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
agree! QF Y (couldn't get a seat on NZ J or QF) was awful, no leg room and dated plane. Also hated how the dimmed the cabin lights for the whole flight which felt really eerie to me!
2 other interesting points -
1. discovered I was OW Emerald, which meant I could use a separate first class section of the QF lounge in AKL - it felt more crowded than the other area though!
2. Guy behind me in Y - must have been a platinum 1.. was asked for drink preferences on take off and given a standard/full bottle of red near the end of the flight!
That's quite an interesting way to discover you're OWE! Would have been a lot more useful flying in the other direction, as at least ex-SYD or MEL you could use the F lounge, which by all accounts really IS actually quite special (I've never had the pleasure, sadly).

Re the free wine... if it's what was served in coach I can't imagine a high-flying P1 being all that interested in it. Though QF's business class wines are usually respectable so maybe it was that.