FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nuremberg [Master Thread]
Old Jul 18, 2022, 9:32 am
cbellero

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Le Meridien Grand Hotel Nuremberg [Master Thread]

Introduction This hotel is been in the Marriott portfolio for a long time and I have stayed her many times over the years. I did not find a thread for it so I decided to make a review for the property. I have also stayed at the nearby Sheraton property.Overall I recommend that this property. It is a bit worn, but has an unbeatable location. It is also generally available at a lower price point than the Sheraton. Location I am a fan of public transportation. This hotel is right in the middle of it, across the street from the central train station (Hauptbahnhof) and very nearby the Königstrasse, which is the central pedestrian.If you are coming by car, valet parking is available at 40 EUR and off-site parking is available at 20 EUR. Check In I had done early check in from within the app fro 18:00 but then my plans changed short notice. I had informed them I would come at 13:00 instead. Shortly after I received a confirmation that it was okay and then an automated message that my room was available.When I arrived at the hotel, they were a bit confused about me already being checked in and knowing my room assignment. Once we cleared that, they provided me with a room key, asked me which amenity I wanted as an Ambassador member - 1000 points or daily breakfast. I went for the breakfast, as I had remembered the breakfast as being quite good.I then rode the elevator to room. I do not believe anyone offered assistance with my luggage, but I would have declined anyway, since I only had a small trolley. Room I had booked a deluxe room, which was one level above the standard room. I was upgraded in advance to a junior suite and that is the room category I was also assigned for a three-night stay during the week.Overall the room is well appointed, but you can tell from all of the scratches and scruff marks on the wooden floor and the tiles in the bathroom that this hotel could use some renovation work. Things that particularly stand out are the stains on the area rug underneath the sofa, that really would not be expensive to refresh.Otherwise ther hotel has that period charm of a grand hotel, is impeccably clean and comfortable. Dining The hotel bar is very classical and they serve some really nice cocktails. Locals will also pop in her for a drink or two. The crowd tends to be older.Breakfast is one of the strengths of this hotel. It is served in the hotel's Brasserie, which also serves breakfast and dinner. Amenities As is usual at Le Meridien hotels, each guest gets a free Illy coffee at the bar each day. In the room you will find a paper coupon to be excahnged for the coffee.The hotel also offers complimentary shoe shining. Gym The gym is located in the basement and is open 24 hours per day.