FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Implications on Skipping the Return Leg of a Booking
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:57 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by onlysuites
No difference in points as long as the routing stays the same but if you drop a segment or add one then its a new ticket according to the airline. The taxes change so I guess that's why they need to reissue and refund or add the extra airport fees.
the ticket will need to be reissued anyway, including if you just move the cdg-fra to another same day flight or the next morning one (you wouldn’t be able to fly if they did not réussie the ticket after changing the flights); and taxes would change too - they do every day due to exchange rate fluctuations.

Whichever airline you are dealing with may of course decide that they won’t charge you (or reimburse you) for any difference, but there is really no technical logic that I can think of for what the agent told you. It may absolutely be the policy of the ffp you are dealing with (hard to know in the abstract) but that very much strikes me as their own choice if so.