FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Disruption Strategy
View Single Post
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:47 pm
ozflier

Originally Posted by ozflier
Hi, some Kiwi relatives have been caught up in the disruptions .

Four of them were booked to fly Brisbane to Auckland on Saturday night 16 july.

They received a text early that day saying that the flight was cancelled and to call ANZ for options.

They did and, after 90 minutes, spoke with an operator who told them that the earliest flight home was on Monday 18 july . No offer of a non direct flight ( eg via SYD) or to go via another airline although , to be fair , it was school holidays ( NZ and NZ) so seats would be likely unavailable .
Some hours later , another message to say they had been changed to the next day's flight on tuesday evening!

Unfortunately, I was not present at the call but I had expected NZ would have offered some future payment for additional accommodation meals and expected – reportedly , there was none .

I am guessing that the usual causes affected the cancellation – eg illness amongst staff etc.

We are not talking about rich people here – just a group of young people visiting relatives in Queensland.

Is NZ under some obligation to offer some compensation for additional expenses and , in two cases , loss of income from their work ?
Ta tickets bought online in NZ.