FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 days in Thailand?? What to do??
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2004, 9:40 am
francophile

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by lallyr
so where is Koh Samui? Can i get a flight to there? So is it definately better then Phuket?

Does Thai fly there?

I will be travelling on my own so i dont want somewhere where there is only me on a beach. As that would be perfect for a few hours but not for days.
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...005010002.html

Getting There

By Plane -- Up to 17 flights depart daily from Bangkok on Bangkok Airways (tel. 02265-5555 in Bangkok), pretty much one every 40 minutes between 6:20am and 7:20pm. Two daily flights from Phuket (Bangkok Airways Phuket office; tel. 07622-5033), and another daily from the U-Tapao airport near Pattaya (Bangkok Airways Pattaya office; tel. 03841-1965) connect these major beach destinations, with additional Bangkok airways flights connecting the northern cities through Bangkok. From Singapore, Silk Air (tel. 02236-5301-3 in Bangkok) flies daily and Bangkok Airways (tel. 07742-2512 in Samui) three or four times each week.

Koh Samui Airport is a little slice of heaven -- open-air pavilions with thatch roofs surrounded by gardens and palms. For airport information call tel. 07742-5012. If you're staying at a larger resort, airport minivan shuttles can be arranged when you book your room. There's also a convenient minivan service. Book your ticket at the transportation counter upon arrival and you'll get door-to-door service for 100B ($2.50). If you depart Koh Samui via the airport, there's an additional 150B ($3.40) airport tax that's usually added to your ticket charge.

If unable to book a flight directly to the island, Thai Airways operates two daily flights to the nearby mainland at Surat Thani (tel. 02525-2084 for domestic reservations in Bangkok). From the airport, it's a shuttle to the town of Surat Thani and then connecting ferry to the island (see Songserm Travel below).