FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Shay, Culver City, L.A. Destination Hotel REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 17, 2022, 10:19 am
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by lsquare
I have already requalified for Titanium status so I'll need to stay at Hyatt to requalify for Globalist. I guess I can live with the credit and pay for additional food. This isn't a Park Hyatt. Globalists need to be taken care of!
Couldn’t agree more and well said! Congrats on achieving your status 👍
I believe over the past number of years Hyatt has been heading business culture wise to a fair degree
in the wrong direction not that others aren’t either.It’s just that historically Hyatt had a complete commitment
to guest satisfaction through the in house experience more consistently
Rising above written expectations for the program benefits which were more generous than its competitors
There was always good reasoning in that

It takes far more work to meet Globalist requirements with Hyatts small footprint of good hotels
Their limited service self service properties leave much to be desired typically
Hyatts focus these days seems to be in acquiring just about any brand and folding it into the portfolio.
Can they just get back to taking care of guests above and beyond and offer the great promotions to keep us WOH loyal
After spending hundreds of thousands of dollars I’m insulted when Hyatt is starting to offers the same value proposition
@ breakfast for their best customers that Hilton offers its customers by taking a credit card with no stays.

We as guests must be vocal not here alone in social media but calling Hyatt and hotel management and letting the select
properties that are not living up to reasonable expectations
It’s a personal choice if you are satisfied as is or not but behind the scenes at Hyatt I speak up for the membership base
to anyone @ Hyatt that is interested and willing to listen
I can say that’s not as easy as it was years ago.
The Shay is a welcome addition with an impressive friendly team it might be wise to be vocal if others feel the same way
To their credit I do think they care and believe they are still finding their way.I’m interested in being their customer again and
returning with this new development of in house breakfast dining.Hopefully it’s good!