FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Shay, Culver City, L.A. Destination Hotel REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 16, 2022, 11:03 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
My take is they never really wanted to do breakfast unless getting paid for it fully
The investors feel like they put enough into the hotel itself
They compromised with their grab and go bar in the lobby
The GM did take complaints on and offline and tried to sugar coat things
They have made a material improvement with sit down and room service to their credit
Despite the less than generous credit amount I see
the problem more with World of Hyatt for allowing hotels to offer so little
It really needs to be directed at Hyatt IMO My suggestion is to open a case with Hyatt Consumer Affairs if anyone seeks change

It’s funny how hostile folks are about Bonvoy yet I stayed at a Le Meridien and an Autograph
Collection property recently and ate like a king as an elite member anything I wanted off the menu
and I’ve shifted a chunk of business to the standout properties within Marriott
Both rooms were under 200 dollars BTW and my breakfast was easily 30 to 35 menu prices or more
No nickel and diming.On the other hand at an AC hotel rather than starve I ordered Door Dash
The AC hotel did offer me a daily 10 dollar credit At the end of the day I go where they take care
of me and if the food is good/outstanding willing to pay some extra.
I have already requalified for Titanium status so I'll need to stay at Hyatt to requalify for Globalist. I guess I can live with the credit and pay for additional food. This isn't a Park Hyatt. Globalists need to be taken care of!