FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Shay, Culver City, L.A. Destination Hotel REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:15 pm
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I imagine the end check would likely be near double that per person.
I'm ok with paying additional provided its very good or excellent (not yet conclusive) If it isn't then that brings other challenges based on expectations

I disagree with the direction Hyatt is going generally.Their breakfast benefit varies widely more than ever
My business is down considerably with them since Covid mostly because of their devaluations on redemption and globalist breakfast value declines etc
But for those to find a solid 4 star property within the Hyatt portfolio other than Andaz WH and The Thompson this is it

You may have to pay for beverages sides etc but likely it will cover at least an entree/main dish.
My suggestion is complain to Hyatt Consumer Affairs if you aren't pleased.
It worked at Hilton where after HH member complained and the Hilton folks upped the benefit due to inflation and negative feedback
Hyatt generally now at least matches Hilton's stingy policy so its no worse.
But at least at Hilton you can use the dollar credit it for any meal or grab and go so its more versatile
Thankfully there are still some Hyatt's who are still generous with the Glob breakfast
I usually travel in Asia so I got great value out of status. The difference between Hyatt and Hilton is that they have a CC that gives top-tier status while I have to spend 60 nights at Hyatt properties! I think we might have to complain to the GM at the Shay. I mean, no matter what the amount is, it should be fair that we get a proper breakfast for free. I just looked at the menu and $25 won't go far. It actually seems like a joke and a disrespect to Globalists. I don't understand LA in general, but how are they not making any money with their room rate being as high as it is? They gotta be a bit less stingy with the credit!

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Standard two egg breakfast plus coffee is $26 before tax and tip.

Something tells me this has to be a soft limit that isn't actually enforced.
I hope you're right. It seems ridiculous. The credit should at least cover any entrees and drinks from the menu. It would be great if a side is included as well.

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Looking forward to hearing some first hand experiences. 12 omelettes please? But I'm a Diamond!!! (enter emotional support giraffe )
I won't be in LA until at least winter so it'll be a while before I can comment on my finding. For sure, if nothing changes until then, I'll bring it up with the GM the second I check-in. I think this is pretty much going to be the first Hyatt property for me to try in LA.