FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Shay, Culver City, L.A. Destination Hotel REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 16, 2022, 3:28 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is $25 enough to get something decent? If not, then I guess I won't be as excited. Are there even any dates where the rate is less than $300? Seems like no matter which date I use, I see $300+ so I figure they would be a bit generous with the credit for Globalists.
I imagine the end check would likely be near double that per person.
I'm ok with paying additional provided its very good or excellent (not yet conclusive) If it isn't then that brings other challenges based on expectations

I disagree with the direction Hyatt is going generally.Their breakfast benefit varies widely more than ever
My business is down considerably with them since Covid mostly because of their devaluations on redemption and globalist breakfast value declines etc
But for those to find a solid 4 star property within the Hyatt portfolio other than Andaz WH and The Thompson this is it

You may have to pay for beverages sides etc but likely it will cover at least an entree/main dish.
My suggestion is complain to Hyatt Consumer Affairs if you aren't pleased.
It worked at Hilton where after HH member complained and the Hilton folks upped the benefit due to inflation and negative feedback
Hyatt generally now at least matches Hilton's stingy policy so its no worse.
But at least at Hilton you can use the dollar credit it for any meal or grab and go so its more versatile
Thankfully there are still some Hyatt's who are still generous with the Glob breakfast