FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Huangpu River (Shanghai) pedestrian/bike trails
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:57 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
On one of my very first visits to Shanghai ( early-mid 1980's) I was taken on a boat tour of the Hwang Pu.
All I can remember of it was the stench. I have avoided such activities ever since.
This is how I feel about the Shanghai Zoo. I actually only went there one time, and that was over 20 years ago, but it was such a depressing place that I haven't been back. I'm nearly certain that it is a lot better now, and it's conceivable that I might even enjoy it. I will return as soon as a visitor (including any of you) shows up and says "let's go to the zoo".

The river, on the other hand, is far more important culturally/historically than the zoo. It definitely doesn't smell bad anymore.

After I started this thread, I tried to think about where I would start the walk if I was not familiar with the streets here. My best suggestion is the Marriott Riverside Hotel because it is actually on the trail, taxi drivers have no issues finding it, and it's just west of the Lupu Bridge.

Alternatively, if you want to approach the Bund from the Yangpu Bridge (east/north), the Ningguo Rd subway station on Line 12 is kind of convenient (about 1.5 km from the river).

Last edited by moondog; Jul 16, 2022 at 2:05 am