FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Shay, Culver City, L.A. Destination Hotel REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jul 16, 2022, 1:36 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thanks to Colin for the heads up
With burning curiosity I called the hotel to see what the latest word on the street is.
I am excited to report that The Shay is a must go now if a WOH traveler
The Canopy Club on the rooftop has been open for approx month now and it is doing sit down Globalist Breakfast
with 25 dollars per person F&B credits.A tad weak imho but a vast improvement from the past options
In very warm weather because its all open with no AC it might not be that enjoyable for some

Now the odd twist for up to 4 people in a room 25 pp up to 100 dollar credit
Don't expect that to last as its not in WOH terms & Conditions
A bit weird that they don't offer 50 per person or 35 per person for the price point of the hotel.
I mean even Hilton offers 25 dollars per person and they aren't generous by any means.Even Amex credit card holders get this with no loyalty

The Canopy Club restaurant has nothing to do with Etta and they are offering 24 hour room service as well
For Etta lovers not I the grab and go is still there and their Sunday brunch is still on Saturday and Sunday but no credits for Globs
can be used there so that hasn't changed if thats your thing it certainly wasn't mine
This is a game changer for me though depending on their rates which tend to be a bit high when I consider the area
Is $25 enough to get something decent? If not, then I guess I won't be as excited. Are there even any dates where the rate is less than $300? Seems like no matter which date I use, I see $300+ so I figure they would be a bit generous with the credit for Globalists.