FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:04 pm
Simon Schus

Originally Posted by KARFA
Ok. So if ba refuse to book on another airline if there is no rebooking allowance, you are not going to get any further by quoting the regulation. Your only option really at that stage is book it yourself and try and reclaim the cost from BA after. BA will most likely refuse and you will have to go to CEDR/MCOL to have the chance to get anywhere, it certainly isn't guaranteed you would win.
They haven’t said there is no rebooking allowance, but instead that there is no rebooking allowance specifically with EI (for a 4 weeks out). I think part of the confusion I’m having is why I can book the requested flight on BA.com for 100% cash and separately for as an Avios booking… but they won’t rebook it themselves. They said it isn’t because the route is too long, but that it is because EI don’t allow it. I didn’t realize that BA rebooking after a cancellation couldn’t do the same flights as the BA website. I was told on the phone that “Our contract with Aer Lingus doesn’t allow us to rebook a disrupted Avios ticket onto Aer Lingus even though we can sell it on our website. Aer Lingus refused to allow this during contract negotiations”.

suffice to say, this thread appears to be the wrong place to discuss what is required under EC261 for rebooking.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Jul 15, 2022 at 2:14 pm