FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global Entry Enrollment Interview Experiences and Questions Asked in the Interview
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:42 am
Kumar2013

Programs: SA, JAL, EK
Originally Posted by Boraxo
It isn't doubtful, it's a fact that they asked these questions to me and to others.

Of course nobody knows (or can share) what flags a renewal for a conditional approval or what notes are added prior to the interview. All we can do is guess from the data points. Nobody even know what "conditional" means either except that it means an interview is required. Again, I would guess that the "conditional" designation is based on a clean records check (i.e. arrests, convictions, border fines, etc.) and does not address prior travel. Because prior travel does not result in disqualification, but rather may be a red flag that warrants further inquiry.

As posted elsewhere, the CBP also insisted on interviewing my 4-year old who received conditional approval and his passport only had stamps from Mexico (the interview was not limited to photo & fingerprints). So who knows.
Drawing a cue from other uses of such terms I would imagine 'conditional' approval would mean that GE was granted pending verification of the authenticity of the travel document/visa (as submitted in the application) as well as successful completion of biometric enrolment.

One can only speculate as to why you and these others were questioned about prior travel history or indeed, had their passport stamps examined. This does not sound as though it is part of the process and I have never heard of such questioning till your post. It's likely this is the work of an over-zealous CBP officer. Had it been a rule everyone would have been asked a courtesy question or more on travel - but that is not the case. In any case passport stamps have long ceased to be a reliable indicator of travel.