FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using Delta Global Upgrade (GUC) with KLM Consolidated
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:08 pm
Billy Mumphrey

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
Hello everyone-

I’ve been using up my GUCs with KLM-booked reservations over the next few months. With the new employees and lack of DM phone line, it’s been a challenge using them and getting them applied correctly even when Z class is clearly available. Typically when the GUC is applied, DL retickets the reservation with 006 stock and creates a DL PNR that mirrors KLM. In my experience, when this happens, both reservations match each other. In this case, I’m going LAX-AMS and AMS-ORD (both cleared) but the KLM reservation is still showing coach while the Delta side shows business class. Ive asked DL twice and they have told me this is a KLM issue and I ‘should’ be able to checkin. (I am pretty sure there will be an issue). I can’t get a hold of anyone on the KLM side - including WhatsApp and Twitter. Any suggestions on how I should handle this? I want to get this resolved before I leave in about a week.
Are you sure the ticket has been reissued? If you click on the receipt in the Delta itinerary it should show Z class, if not it needs to be reissued by Delta. Don't just look at the fare code in the itinerary itself, you have to look at the receipt. If the receipt does show Z, I would call Delta and ask them to have the AF/KLM desk take a look at the ticket. They will be able to figure out what the issue is, because this is well beyond the skill level of the average Delta front-line agent. If it were my itinerary I'd be doing HUCA until I got that desk to fix the issue. If the KLM site shows an economy booking, odds are high you'll be flying economy when you check-in at the airport.