FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Istanbul 'New' Airport ( IST/ISL ) - Master Thread ✈️
Old Jul 14, 2022, 8:21 am
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
I just wanted to sanity check my plan to get a local, black, taxi in a few days time (Saturday, lunchtime) , after arrival on a domestic flight.... We're travelling as a group with 6 people, including a baby and 4 big bags... I think the black taxis would be still big enough for us, but I'm struggling to get that confirmation due to all the adverts for transfer companies. We're just going to Sultanahmet. I guess for the price we could also get two normal taxis too, but would prefer one big one if possible so we're all together.

The alternative is a €200 transfer from the hotel which seems unnecessary from reading this thread. Thoughts welcome?

Edit: Very easy to do this in the end, the taxi was per the set fee (700 TK at the time of writing) and could fit 6 adults and 6 suitcases (including some large ones). Waiting time was less than 3 minutes as there were 2 families ahead of us in the queue.

Last edited by littlevoices; Jul 18, 2022 at 4:41 am Reason: Added my answer