FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS new rule changes
View Single Post
Old Nov 30, 2004, 1:16 am
wandering_fred

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
I apologize if I still seemed a bit peeved.

The only "foreign" QF flight of real interest ex PER is in my opinion to SIN. Post-May2005 none appeal as QF would seem to want you to use the PER-SIN flight ONLY as a connecting flight on the Kangaroo route.

As I recall the "old" awards cost 30K miles economy RT
As the "enhanced" versions are now 50k economy
I believe that calculates to an enhancement cost of
66.666%
with a "no change" in the SC (20) credits awarded each way for paid travel.
Upgrades are now prohibitive. Add that ex SIN tickets on the route are about 20% cheaper than exPER.

For the QFF that is not using the account as a commuter or as a once off family holiday to Europe, where are the QFF benefits? The dream of that potential upgrade or the regional award ticket are gone. I still haven't calmed down enough to write to Customer Relations. The only QFF not disadvantaged are the BNE/SYD/MEL commuters and the once-off families. And Perth based flyers are more disadvantaged than most.

One minor plus (that QF will probably discover and enhance) is that it appears a pair of cheap YUP AA flights (1200miles+ credited as F = 120SC@) will be almost enough to rollover my QF PS status when combined with the couple of red-edeals I would use domestically each year. Just no serious miles will be sent to the account. Perhaps 5-8K miles to keep the PS (one never knows). Previously about 40K credited each year.

Perhaps QF needs to total the miles credited over the current year to existing QFF members. And compare it to the next year's total. Perhaps next year's enhancements will not be so one-sided. Or would QF prefer to serve other OW FFs rather than their own?

WF