FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Suite Upgrade Policy (New)
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:34 pm
spectrablue96

What is the consensus these days for how to handle being denied an upgrade at checkin when showing availability on the app?
Are we at a point where it's entirely up to the agent and the "local rules" on what they want to do? i.e. "Enhanced Room Upgrades are subject to availability and are identified by each Participating Property." (we will do what we want) (that room isn't in our upgrade pool)

A Titanium here preparing for a couple of upcoming stays. (Domestic Westin Resort and SpringHill Suites specifically)
I'm aware of the terms stating "Platinum Elite Members and above receive a complimentary upgrade to the best available room, subject to availability on the day of arrival, for the entire length of stay."
To me that means if the app shows a premium room or suite available for cash, at the time of checkin at the desk, for the duration of my stay, I should have the ability to be upgraded to it.

What is the recommended course of action it the agent refuses or "is unable to" upgrade to an apparently available room? Ask for FD Manager? Next steps??

Is anything else recommended while still on property if upgrade is not granted? Contact Bonvoy support? Etc?

Thanks in advance for any comments and recommendations.