FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Bag Interlining If Separate Tix with *A Partners (YES) & Non *A Partners (NO)
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:18 am
Xyzzy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by COmciUA
What's the board's take on this one and chance of getting my bagged interlined? Flying EWR-HNL in J on UA, then HNL-KOA on HA (same day, 2 hour connection time). The HNL-KOA ticket is a separate ticket, but the return (KOA-HNL) is on the same reservation (booked through UA) as HNL-EWR. I know that HA is an interline partner and codeshare partner (hence return on same res), but not a *A partner. I plan on getting to EWR early to see if the TA can do it. Any thoughts?
What IAH-OIL-TRASH said ... with the reminder that the outbound is NT a connection. It's two separate tickets. Also, generally the first carrier collects the bag fees so you may have to pay HA for checked bags on your single-ticket return. (Not sure whether the IATA MSC rules apply since the ticket is wholly within the US)

Last edited by Xyzzy; Jul 13, 2022 at 11:25 am