FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The way of the Dodo? - 1K upgrades, PP or CPU
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:24 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mfirst
I sense that UA would sell a last minute upgrade for $2 rather than give it away. I’m amazed at how many F seats with PZ=0 disappear even with outrageous fares. I’m dying at 1 again for a cle-den trip and the last seat went for over $2k.
Nothing anywhere near that happens in practice. Yes, UA will try to sell as much as possible, but it rarely falls below $50/flight nowadays (a times in the past it may have been slight less).
Originally Posted by mfirst
Interesting experiment
my brother in law taking a red eye tonight from lax-xxx (not hub). Flight leaving in 5 hours and he has an H ticket with no status. I just applied pp and he is now #1 on the list with 1 seat left.

somehow bumping everyone else?

although it looks like they already cleared 3-4 from the list already.
That is what one might expect, moving ahead of all non-GS CPU. Appears no other remaining ungraded support upgraders

I did something recently on a 4 hour flight, only one that ended up clearing

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 12, 2022 at 9:38 pm Reason: merged consecutive responses by same member