FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The free TQP ride is over
View Single Post
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:40 am
physioprof

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
Hmm, interesting, I looked back at my transactions in 2019-2020 and see the same thing. I am thinking this might be some kind erroneous display issue - I had noticed previously that they changed their transaction view interface in the last year or two and loaded in older transactions for viewing. I can tell you for certain that the 2019 class bonuses were in fact counting as TQPs at the time for two reasons: (1) I track them in my own spreadsheet, and it would have immediately shown up to me if they weren't counting, and (2) if I add up all my TQPs currently showing for me on the Amtrak website in 2019, I get 17,000, which can't be correct because I earned Select Exec that year as my actual TQPs were well over 20k.

So I am thinking this is just some kind of display issue for prior caused by a system change, and pre-2021 TQPs don't really matter because everyone's status from them was already set. And taking that logic one step further, perhaps their attempt to fix this prospectively led them to erroneously award TQPs for class bonuses too. I notice that even the language giving the bonus has changed from "Business Class Type Bonus" in 2019, to "25% Point Bonus on all Travel Transactions for Business Class Ticket Purchases" today, which further supports the theory they tweaked something.
That makes sense! What is unquestionable is the shift in the last few weeks.
​​​​​​
ETA: OK, I just added up my 2019 TQPs listed in the transactions list, and it adds up to only 7493. As for you, this can't possibly be correct, as I earned Select Plus status that year. So your theory that the class bonuses counted for TQPs back then but simply aren't listed now in the transactions list must be correct.

Last edited by physioprof; Jul 12, 2022 at 8:50 am