FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]
Old Jul 11, 2022, 1:12 am
mlflyertalk

Originally Posted by yolie
Thanks so much for the detailed review. How is the food so far? Are there any theme nights here?

Also, do you know where the over water pool villas located?

Thanks,
We just returned from a stay at this resort about 10 days ago and it was one of the best vacations of our life. The food is definitely very good, not your usual resort-level mediocre or above-average but actually quite good fine dining. Being from the SF bay area, I can say it compared very favorably with the fine dining outfits here at home. The drinks, not so much .

Also the portion sizes are huge. So consider that when budgeting or picking a meal plan. While expensive (anywhere in the father away Maldives islands) they did not cut any corners on the food. Their on-island hydroponic garden means a lot of fresh ingredients are local rather than being flown in, so very fresh.

There are no theme nights in terms of activities but they have a few special activities such as outdoor movie night, DJ, sunrise/sunset yoga, elite members welcome cocktails etc. If you are asking about theme nights for dinner, yes, they do have themes such as beach barbecue, fish night, and other regional cuisines. Most have an upcharge if you are on a meal plan.

Overwater pool villas are only 7 total (until the new jetty opens on the other side which is expected to have many more since they found these to be quite popular). They are only on the sunset side and in the section closest to the end of the jetty where the 2-bedroom villas are (which are also two pool villas but they are several levels higher upgrade). I believe they are even numbered villas 234-246 though not 100% sure about this. This map in post 158 (I can't post the URL) shows it accurately on the left (the ones on the right side jetty in this map haven't yet opened).