FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance/Skyteam: Houston - Dubai $1675 rt biz
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:00 pm
rajhyd99

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
I flew AF to DXB in April and a few months earlier in December to BKK - on both occasions I could try their lounges in the non-Schengen part (Terminal 2E) as well as in the Schengen part (Terminal 2F) - and I loved them both (especially the latter as it is brand new). For further info you can have a look here: https://wwws.airfrance.us/information/prepare/salons

For me in-flight experience was great (and similarly on all of my recent AF & KL flights - I must admit I have found new love for AF, after some not so positive experiences in the not so distant past). On arrival you would be out pretty quickly (if you travel First, Business or Premium Economy), the bridge attaches to 2L and everyone disembarks from there. Given the nature of your transfer you will not have to clear immigration (though for me that was a breeze through the e-gates) and security has dedicated lines for Sky Priority / Business Class passengers. Departure was though a complete and utter mess - there was a total chaos with documentation checks (at the time I travelled you still had to show proof of vaccination and negative test) and it seemed everyone was a priority passenger ... My advice in such cases is board at the end after all the crowd is already on the plane (this is what I personally do), you will anyway be spending the next 6 hours in your seat, moving around will do your legs good.

In DXB the SkyTeam lounge is for departing passengers only, after security, I am not aware of any facility for arriving passengers (beware AF operates into Terminal 1).
Thanks for sharing the information. What is non-Schengen part and Schengen part ? Do we need to go thru security check to go between the terminals ? I don't have Schengen Visa if its required go to between terminals. I will just transiting thru IAH-CDG-DXB with 5 hour layover in CDG.