FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa, Thilamaafushi, Maldives [Master Thread]
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:54 pm
Dfitzy10

Halfway through our stay

Hi all,

me and my wife are here for a 10 night honeymoon stay which we are halfway through, and I wanted to share our experience thus far.

before I start, I want to thank everyone on this forum. You have guided us to have an amazing experience thus far! We booked our honeymoon stay here back in November and been following this since! For reference, this is our first time in the Maldives.

We used emerites for air travel to male from the USA, highly recommended as they are a great airline. Took a while to get our bags but they did arrive and we were greeted by a rep from the hotel shortly after. Keep your eyes peeled when you leave the arrival terminal, there are about 1,000 resorts with reps waiting and it is a bit overwhelming. The rep from le meridien was top notch. Handled our luggage and swiftly got us to the sea plane lounge. The lounge was very nice and had free refreshments and snacks. We were very lucky as our sea plane was ready after only waiting 5 minutes in the lounge. Pro tip, grab 2-3 sodas from the lounge to keep for later in the room!

the sea plane ride was short but so beautiful. Smooth ride and looking forward to those views again on our way out.

upon arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink and given meal plan info. We opted for the bed and breakfast and went a la carte for dinner/lunch to give us some freedom. The breakfast as mentioned is amazing. The buffet is huge and things slightly change each day to keep it interesting. We have been so full from the breakfast that we have skipped lunch every day so far.

our over water villa (sunrise) is amazing. Very clean and we love the decor (we are from key west Florida so reminds us of home). We have seen turtles and rays swimming by each day!

the staff is amazing and all so polite. The resort seems almost dead as not many are here this week. We love the feeling of it being our own personal resort.

we have done a turtle quest snorkel with the dive center and it was amazing. Saw turtles, manta ray, sting ray, and hundreds of fish. Hayden was an amazing guide. We also took the mixology class for $55 pp and it was just ok, we weren’t a fan of the cocktails but getting 8 drinks for $110 was a cheap way to catch a buzz.

we were gifted a honeymoon evening turn down service with rose pedal baths and a few free bottles of champagne. Be sure to let them know in advance if it’s your honeymoon and they will treat you like royalty. Every staff member seems to know we are on our honeymoon!

overall we are blown away and already planning our 5 year anniversary. Please ask any questions and I will try to answer them while my wife is sleeping lol