FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why don't Admirals Club staff enforce Admirals Club house rules
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:51 pm
WeekendTraveler
Suspended

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm a member of a private club too and rules are enforced.

But I'm also realistic, expecting an airline lounge which are just about the least exclusive place in the world now to be anything like a private club is just setting yourself up for disappointment.
Today I was in the main lounge of my private club, enjoying an Old Fashioned as I got some work done (reading some documents, as laptops are banned) after a nice workout, while being gazed at by a portraits of several US presidents who were members, and club leaders, on the walls around me.

Of course, a guy came in with his phone and started talking.

I quickly looked up the club rules and noticed where phone calls are allowed, so I went over to him and said, as quietly as I could, "Sorry, I think cell phone calls are allowed in the lobby and the phone booths next to the lobby, thanks." He jumped up and ran out to one of those places.

It's not hard to politely enforce cell phone restrictions. It should not matter what level of (non)-exclusivity Admirals Clubs have. The 95% of us who follow the rules shoudn't be imposed on by the 5% who don't.