FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SkyPriority companions not allowed in AMS priority security
Old Jul 10, 2022, 11:14 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Xandrios
Interesting details, thanks.
The Schiphol page explains that these percentages are per airline. However how do you define 'an airline'? If KLM would include Transavia flights (Which, from what I understand, is basically a sub-brand of KLM)... then the average percentages would change quite dramatically as HV has zero premium passengers.

One thing I don't understand though, is that some airlines are actually not offering priority - even for their Elites or Business pax. If this service does not require a surcharge compared to regular non-prio pax, then why would any airline exclude themselves? I remember a few years ago when the priority security entrance was still manned, that they had a laminated page with logo's of Airlines and FFP's for the employee to be able to recognise which premium pax would be allowed, and which ones would not.
Seems to me the cleanest way is to distinguish by IATA code of operating airline. HV flight are then HV, KL are KL. Also all EZY flights are U2 whether EZY UK or EZY CH... not that that matters.

I'm thinking the difficulty of administration of separate payment of premium pax per airline, and discussions on who is allowed and who is not is what might have pushed AMS to the airportwide solution. By default, all airlines get allowance and that's it. No extra payment, no discussions if pax having access to security but not using it count, no pissed off pax because Air Astana refused to pay extra for 4 biz seats on their once weekly flight... You have it, use it or lose it. Maybe the lowcost airlines which have 0% premium pax by design can get a discount, maybe not.