FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:16 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyer_tom
Looking on FR24 it looks like the inbound plane from the night before never made it and was cancelled too - BA738 on 29 June due to be operated by G-EUOG. Plane landed from the flight before slightly delayed (20:31 instead of 19:50) but I would've thought still enough time to turn to make a (all be it delayed) GVA departure? So this to me seems to be the reason the BA723 was cancelled - the plane not being there! No GVA airspace restrictions in the morning as plenty of flight arriving and departing. The flight after ours to LHR was cancelled too, the BA727.
There was something oif a mini meltdown at LHR on the afternoon of 30 June, see the dedicated thread for that, so I think you would have been caught in that. You can either take the matter to CEDR if you get confirmation from BA that they won't change their position, or you can go MCOL. In the case of CEDR, BA has to prove their case, MCOL is more balanced in that respect, but I can't see BA defending a 250€ claim if they are up against plausible arguments.