FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:01 am
oxtailsoup

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Bronze / silvers now need fo reach the reduced threshold to requalify.
Golds in q4
And ggl as we move into 2023 will need to meet the thresholds.

I agree business travel has not yet recovered. I think it will take some time it they recovers. Travel budgets were slashed and cfos will not want to see 1000% increases in travel spend. It will recover, but over a period of time. Ba could give extensions for years, but I do not believe they will.

Additionally we are on the brink of a ww recession, i see business costs needing to be kept 'under control', leading to further control of travel

if they push through an extension for q1 (and q2??) renewals then in a few months we will be having the exact same conversation about the next group.

What i see through 2023 is a significant reduction in peoples status levels as renewal dates pass.
I agree with the above. I do think 2022 Q4 memberships will be extended though, just a feeling given the ongoing cancellations.

@ISTFlyer.. also largely agree (and always appreciate reading your thoughtful posts). The only thing I would point out is that London based GGLs with GfL dropping to Gold next year doesn’t necessarily mean we are a captive for BA because we would be able to choose who to fly to the US with depending on value rather than loyalty. Whereas if trying to maintain GGL status there is a tendency to opt for “loyalty” over value (within reason of course).