FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Offer on App (and on website)
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:27 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Yesterday I booked OAX-DFW-GRU-SDU for only $256 all-in in main cabin. The last leg is operated by GOL. I'm getting an upgrade offer on the app for the DFW-GRU segment. $375 for PE and $728 for J. For the return, I got GIG-MIA-PHL-LAS in main cabin for $385. I put in a miles plus copay upgrade request for the return. It did not clear immediately, but the supervisor that was assisting me on the phone said that the loads looked good and it should clear before too long. I've never tried an international one, so I have no idea. Therefore, I'm just thinking about the flight from DFW to GRU. I'm wondering if $728 is a good deal and I should bite now, or if I should wait for it the offer to go down. Can't believe I got that fight so cheap. I was originally planning on going to another place in Mexico for that part of the vacation, but I happened to see that ridiculously cheap price to Rio on Google flights. I may just tough it out MCE knowing that I got such a great deal. I'm PPro.
I'm looking at PHL-MIA-GRU in early January, which is peak season. I don't know if you took your trip yet, but it seems like $728 to go to J on a $256 economy fare seems exceptionally good for this kind of flight. Are there any other data points on MIA-GRU in-app upgrade offers in the peak seasons? For my dates I'm looking at RT coach (where I can choose MCE for no extra fee) is around ~$2100, PE is ~$3000 and J is ~$4000 up to ~$5000 in some cases.