FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:28 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
interesting! BA autorebooked me onto another flight, as I had the email. Original flight arrival time was 6:55pm into LHR, and the rebooked flight was 10:10pm the same day. I didn’t want to risk that being cancelled too and so I asked for JER-LHR to be removed. I think that aligns with the idea you suggest that the claim might be in scope, right? I am unsure whether I want to pursue it or not either way, as the idea of going to CEDR or MCOL for this seems too fraught.
Well that's different (as a gentle aside, it's best to put these details into posts, since otherwise I'm typing up something way off beam). In that case you could get the EC261 compensation even if you hadn't travelled at all, it's way outside the parameters allowed for cancelled services. So you can push back on that, or ask for CEDR to take it on.