FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Missed Oman Air connection on Aeroplan Ticket
View Single Post
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:30 pm
HerpaYvr

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by rjatyyz
So, I booked an Aeroplan points ticket involving Air Canada and Oman Air. The route is Toronto to Paris(stopover for a few days taking advantage of the AP stopover program) to Muscat (90 min connection) to Delhi. I am sitting in Paris and my flight from Paris to Muscat is delayed. I am pretty sure I will miss the connection in Muscat and this is the only flight for the day between Muscat and Delhi operated by Oman Air. I have a few questions.

Firstly, I am wondering if I can do something at this point proactively? Which airline do I even contact? Air Canada issued the ticket, so, I understand they are the ones I made a contract with. Or is this something I address with Oman Air? Also, it seems they will rebook me with another flight 24 hours later as there is no other flight on that day. Should I book a hotel myself or wait to get to Muscat and ask Oman Air to do it? Moreover, can I ask Oman Air to rebook me via Emirates as they have a partnership with them? There is a flight via Dubai on Emirates which would get me to my destination 12 hours later as opposed to 24 hours later. However, this being an Aeroplan ticket issued by AC, I don't know how willing Oman Air would be. Anything else I should be thinking of and proactively doing at this point? Really appreciate the help.
I had a similar issue just a few days ago on an AP ticket, flying LH from IST to FRA. The flight was delayed, so I used my Canadian phone, long-distance to AP in YYZ, and stayed on hold for about half an hour. I asked to be met at the airport and rushed through security to make my AC flight home. This was not done, total waste of time and money as there was no AC on site for help. I went to the LH senators lounge and as I flew on LH, they looked after me as EU airline rules are strong in favor of passengers. They looked after me with meals, hotels, taxi, and a new flight.

Since you are flying on Oman Air, yes start with them on how they will look after you