FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Think I have reached my limit on flying right now
Old Jul 7, 2022, 1:48 pm
troyintn

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I’m getting annoyed by companies and commentators blaming “inflation,” the “economy” and “worker shortages” for things.

1) The service industry in general laid off too many people in 2020, especially airlines

2) Instead of hiring back people at their old pay grades, they are hiring more junior staff

3) Delta and other airlines refuse to pay a market clearing rate to staff clubs, baggage handling, pilots, maintenance, etc

4) Yet the industries still try to take advantage of “inflation” to raise prices

Like Dawgfan said, you probably need a 20-25% pay increase across all categories of airline employees to begin to make things right
Without getting too political as to the why's I just want the level of service I paid for and at the moment I am not getting it. I hear a lot of false promises from Ed and the executive team but have only seen small minor improvemnts. I can maybe get some one at the Diamond desk in under 30 minutes, but then they need to call someone to help them and are put on hold for an hour.