FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate Status
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:37 pm
maalloc

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Billyfergus
As a platinum member of 5 years vintage with a large amount of XP’s “in the bank” to take me to platinum for life (if the rules don’t change) I am wondering if it’s worth spending a few more of our fine British pounds to achieve Ultimate by the end of the year. With current booked flights I will be at approx 1600 UXP’s but I will also be following my favourite football team in Europe in the next few months to make a deficit of approx 100 UXP’s at year end, but could make this up with 2 Euro Business flights.

Having read through the whole thread, I am aware of the benefits that come with the Ultimate program except for one question I cannot see answered. My wife is currently a platinum of 4 years with approx 700 XP’s in her bank and we are hoping she can also reach Platinum For Life. I know with Ultimate, I could name her as my “platinum partner” - however, not sure if this status (due to my Ultimate) would count for her PFL and if so, would she keep her current XP’s or would any deduction be made?
I asked this exact question to the TA and the answer was that everything stays the same (PFL counter; qualification thresholds; XP deduction). The only difference is that, when flying, the Partner is considered Platinum even if you are not there.

So in your situation, it would not help your wife towards PFL.
Of course, this answer is to be taken with a grain of salt… as we have learned, TAs can say the most inaccurate things without batting an eye. Also, it could be technically true while actual implementation differs.