FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The way of the Dodo? - 1K upgrades, PP or CPU
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:07 am
mfirst

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Short of reading the hundreds of replies on this topic - especially since I wonder if the rules are constantly changing to reflect UA attempts to fill F seats more and more... I wonder if even "trying" for upgrades is even worth the effort.... for example:

next week, I have a morning CLE-DEN flight (booked in H) - currently there are 4 open F seats.
UA wants 371$ to upgrade - which means they expect those seats to sell (otherwise, I would assume they would be selling at around $99)

as a 1K - do I apply PP or just take my chances and see what happens - it has been my experience that when I apply PP there are typically enough seats that I probably would have gotten a CPU regardless and that rarely does PP help move me up enough to help when I am left hanging at #1 on the list when everything sells out

so, while an UG for this leg would be nice - does requesting it with PP at this point help at all since I sense these seats will probably sell out by next week regardless given the way that this summer has been going?

... at least I have an E+ seat that I like (and no one next to me - a Euro business seat - for now)

-m