FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Letter from AC’s president Michael Rousseau re summer 2022 travel disruptions
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:04 pm
makin'miles

Large Airlines are required to pay $1000 in compensation to passengers for delays of 9h+ that are within their control under Canada's Air Passenger Protection Regulations. A lack of staff is clearly listed as something in the airline's control on the CTA website. To me it seems like a slam-dunk, although I know AC has only rarely paid up...

https://otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/air-passen...ons-highlights

Originally Posted by StuMcIlwain
Their standard response lately has been these delays are due to disruptions caused by Covid, and are therefore uncontrollable and not their fault. There's no harm in trying to get compensation, but manage your expectations.
Indeed, I'm fully expecting that outcome, but I think its less certain that a court would agree. AC have clearly made a commercial decision to cancel certain flights as they don't have staff (and their President has said as much). Scheduling more flights than they have the ability to operate is on them, not COVID.

It shouldn't take two days to travel from Calgary to DC.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Jul 5, 2022 at 8:27 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same user