FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Applying for Chase BUSINESS Cards (April 2020 - 2022)
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:26 am
RNE

Originally Posted by daslax
Just got under 5/24 and looking to get 2 new Chase cards, one business (Ink Preferred) and one personal (Bonvoy Boundless). I know I need to get the business card first as it will not increase 5/24 and allow me to get the second...do I need for the Ink to get fully approved before adding a personal?

To be safe, apply and get approved for the business card before applying for the personal card. Leave several days/weeks in between; the exact wait-time advice varies from guru to guru.

Given number of cards and CLs with Chase, I assume they will want me to consolidate/re-allocate
To increase your odds of getting an automatic approval, you may want to proactively decrease your CLs to "make room" for the new cards. I'd do that lowering via a secure message to avoid questions.

I already have 5 Chase personal cards and 1 Ink card.
I have five personal cards and three business. So, you're not an outlier.

I also plan on opening a Chase Business checking account (for the $750 bonus), so thinking I should open that first and hope for a pre-approved offer at the bank.
I cannot advise you on this point. I avoid banking with Chase for fear some errant transaction could adversely affect my Chase cards, which, as I mentioned above, are many. But most FlyerTalkers pooh-pooh my caution in this regard.