FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2021/22 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:15 am
ACARS

Programs: BAEC silver
I’m sorry for my ignorance but I just thought I’d check with the collective wisdom here.

Back in March my return sector AMS-LHR was cancelled a few hours prior to departure due to the lack of staff below the wing at LHR. It was a total cancellation of the round trip for the aircraft and it stayed in LHR.

At the time I made a post about following the wisdom here to get myself out of the pickle at BA’s expense as per my rights. The letter issued by agents acting for BA and issued by BA made zero reference to compensation for the cancellation, just that we should spend and claim for hotels, etc etc

My question is this. Even though I was able to be rebooked to depart that evening on KLM instead, and in Business, am I entitled to compensation for the cancellation?

the original BA AMS LHR was scheduled 2055-2115. The rebooking had me departing 2035 and I arrived on the gate at LHR at 2048, so just under 30 mins prior to when I should have arrived. Now obviously that is a win on its own, but as per the regulation, is it eligible for compensation reduced to 50% due to the timings?

Last edited by ACARS; Jul 5, 2022 at 10:28 am