FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2022 master thread)
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:08 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by dc10forlife
Well this is a first. I am EXP flying with two companions who are both Platinum using a Barclaycard companion certificate for each of them. All three of us were upgraded at 120 hours out on the PHX-ACV leg of our trip.
Originally Posted by Uzzar
Wow, I was under the impression that companion certificates were not eligible for complimentary upgrades, nice to know that it is possible!
just to confirm, ACV is the small regional humboldt airport right? i assume the upgrade was for 2 cabin F on CRJ700? thats still nice but i bet that route had nobody in F. i have been reluctant to use my certs from barclays because the T&Cs were very clear, no upgrades allowed like a basic Y fare. but did you do anything special? were they on the upgrade request list? i guess its not hardcoded and anything is possible.

also, were you upgraded before checking in online? im wondering if check in time matters for AA in terms of upgrade priority. do many upgrades clear without checking in online?