FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Even CCR staff have given up on BA
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2022, 12:47 pm
Bullswood

Originally Posted by Hazgreen1
Anyone know why the cabanas at ccr are out of action?

on you first it says:

Due to unprecedented circumstances, we have had to close our cabanas at London Heathrow and JFK Terminal 7 until further notice.
Same wording as my crazy Elemis Spa email. It seems as though "unprecedented circumstances" is BA-speak to avoid admitting what's reality happening (in this case, selling a full programme with insufficient staff), perhaps a bit like a "special military operation".

By the way, for the record, and thanks no doubt to BA Refund Helper, I was promised a refund around 55% of the total fare for the unused sectors LHR/ZRH/LHR/SFO (from the original SFO/ZRH r/t) due to be flown today.
I note that BA has of course immediately re-sold the seats, doubtless for far more at this late stage than I paid in August 21. No extra gesture for the trauma of shattered family holiday or the time yet to be spent on recovering my consequential losses (hopefully) through travel insurance, so I'm not actually sure why I sounded so grateful with YF on the phone earlier today - I guess there comes a point where any sort of service is a bonus!

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 4, 2022 at 1:19 pm