FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award: Cathay Pacific / CX availability, etc. (2018-2022 archive)
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:51 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by KeithGP
First time trying to book CX Award. I have been reading recent threads trying to see if there is something that I am missing trying to put a CX flight with AA Award. My understanding is to use British or Qatar sites to narrow down the main leg XXX-HKG. I have found availability ORD-HKG. Now, I am trying to find HKG-DPS. Are there still COVID restrictions or war restrictions or something preventing my search for that availability or am I searching using the wrong search engines? I am simply trying to book an CX award flight from the States to Bali. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Keith
Have you confirmed that HKGDPS is even selling? Looking out several months, it’s not. So if you can’t buy a ticket, you certainly aren’t going to find an award.

if I were you, I’d look for a JL award to SIN, and then buy a ticket on SQ from there to DPS. Alternatively, SQ awards are easy to find, if that’s an option.

Given HKG lockdowns etc, it’s currently not a wise connecting point to get to Bali. Singapore, however, most certainly is. Just returned from DPS, planning my next SQ award as we speak. Be aware SQ award prices increase on July 5. Edit - QR also has decent availability, depending on the size of your party. But it’ll be two awards from US to DPS if using AA currency.