FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lingfield Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, UK [Master Thread]
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:47 am
stuartpig

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by stuartpig
Like a fool I agreed to come to this atrocious hotel. I told my husband it was dreadful the last time we came. I arrive at 3:15 to be told the hotel has a system outage and to return in about 15 minutes. An hour later, the reception is full with people told the same thing. Get in the room and the TV doesn’t work and everything is covered in dust. Ok, let’s try and enjoy it. Get into bed and there’s an overpowering smell of cat piss. Husband already asleep. 11pm I think he has got up to go to the toilet. Nope it is a member of hotel staff letting another guest in the room. No apology just “It’s the system outage”. Ok, but why doesn’t the deadlock and the chain work?? I storm to reception as I am so annoyed. They want to disturb us further by sending someone to look at the lock. Well, I have looked at the chain lock, guess what? There is no chain. I fully intend to check out of this dump tomorrow. I had my reservations and they were proved right. Rant over.
And the DND was on, which might tell them someone is in the room.