FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Long Call Centre Wait Times
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:55 pm
nomadic.relief

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
A FOTSG friend of mine had his flight cancelled today. No automatic re-booking, and couldn't even get on hold when he phoned in. I suggested he drive to the airport. There, he was told to... pick up a phone with a direct line to central reservations. But at least there they let you get on hold!

AC needs to figure out some way of triaging calls, or having people at the airport actually deal with this stuff. I know many people are frustrated about their flights for next month or next week and trying to get them fixed, but it is absolutely messed up that they have people handling calls like that when someone who is supposed to fly TODAY can't do any better than being put on hold for God knows how long, even after driving to the airport.​​​
That's absolutely ridiculous.

Honestly, and I know this might not get a lot of support, but I think there should be a triage where you enter your PNR before even AE number, if it's >7 days out, recorded disconnect. And agents can only deal with 1 PNR per call, so you can't fool the system with a refundable near-in PNR. At least until things level out.

If ppl AT the airport can't fix this, I can't see another reasonable way forward *right now*. More staff is a brilliant thing to say, but that takes time. So apparently does hiring someone to fix the IT side.