FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Icelandair Saga Class: USA to Europe from $779
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:20 pm
futuramadramallama

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by Kmxu
For $800 fare, one cannot ask for lie flat bed and flat bread from Iceland Air. 🤔
Or rather, for $800, one cannot ask for a lie flat bed and flat bread from Iceland Air. It must be one or the other.

Originally Posted by cheltzel
This only earns miles on FI, AS and B6 (link).

The fare (~$800) is actually quite good for a PE seat. The only issue you may have is you can only get the low fare if you take an overnight layover in KEF on one of the legs. Without the overnight layover, the fares get to a bit below $1000. Still a bit cheaper than most true PE fares to Europe. [...]
Originally Posted by Ghoulish
Having just been for 7, packing something into every waking moment, were I going for just 3 I'd make sure on one day to see the Golden Circle sights, on your own with a car or via one of the many organized tours. On another, book "The Ritual" at the Retreat Spa on Blue Lagoon to really enjoy the mineral rich geothermal waters in a way that doesn't feel like being in a public pool.
Since you must take an overnight layover (probably on the return) to get this price, what would you recommend Ghoulish for a one-day and one-night itinerary?

Originally Posted by DENQR
I’ve done the flight 4 times DEN- Europe in Saga Class. I’ve always been impressed and love the layover in KEF as customs is super easy-although it’s bed time as soon as you land in KEF. [...]
In terms of connecting at KEF (headed east), an onwards-London flight would be an intl-transit, whereas an onwards-EU flight would be considered Schengen-entry, is that correct? So the latter would involve additional time for immigration, whereas the former would not?