FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Checking through luggage from UA-ANA-ANA on 3x PNRs: Can UA print ANA board passes?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:17 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The agents may have been required to also load in a ticket number for each segment being added for thru-checking the luggage across separate tickets. Not sure if UA’s system allows for three ticket numbers to be associated with the record’s checked baggage tag; but where there’s a will, there may be a way to do it — pretty or not.
I suppose that’s possible; however, industry standards allow for up to 16 total segments on a PNR, and each ticket only has four coupons. When booking a trip with more than 4 ticketed points (transfers / stopovers / destination, but not stops on a direct flight), you’ll always see multiple ticket numbers. Generally, you can expect these to be conjunctive tickets (i.e., consecutive ticket numbers), but I can’t imagine SHARES validates that. Regardless, it has to be possible for SHARES to store four ticket numbers per PNR, or there would be valid journeys that it couldn’t store.

(Incidentally, this is why the *A round-the-world fares allow up to 15 stopovers).