FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Maria Isabel, Mexico City [Master Thread]
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:43 pm
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by vanheslig
Guys im jus staying in this hotel. And there're still Covid rules, especially in the Lounge. I do not like that. You get also this silly bill. Do you really tip them? Breakfast and Lounge is a benefit. Why tip? I find it very stupid and silly. In the end this means, its not free, tip is also a charge.
The covid rules in January (my last visit) were pretty minimal - i.e., you pointed and they served your food. Better than chanchos with dirty hands touching all the utensils.

It is a benefit, but these people work for low wages and have generally been extremely nice and over accommodating, on my several visits. (I know, not your problem, and I don't want to get into the politics of tipping.) So I generally leave them some $ and they remember me from day to day, and go out of their way to be kind. I have found the lounge staff to be some of the best of any mid-range SPG/Marriott property anywhere I've stayed. Leaving them MXN $50 or $100 (for 1 or 2) doesn't' affect my life and truly makes their day.