FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA2673 LCA-LGW Cancelled Help Please
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2022, 1:19 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Filmcritic
How much would i receive for the LGW cancellation?
If i have to take a taxi from LHR-LGW to collect my car, do i claim this under 261 or would there be another claims route?
LGW flight was CE avios/companion voucher if there is no availability tomorrow and im in economy would i get compensated for that?
Because the LGW service was cancelled due to crew (sickness I suspect) then you are good for EC261. Your flight is a mere 24 km into the maximum band, so 600€ / £520 per person. It's possible the coach option will still be available, in which case BA will in their rights not to pay a taxi, but they would probably (not definitely) pay £50 towards it. You can claim downgrade too, that's the Mennens formula in the main EC261. But you may find it easier to reclaim the Avios difference and ask BA for some Avios extra so that you won't claim specifically for the downgrade. Don't forget to get some receipts for food and drink tomorrow, that's covered.

ba.com/complaints