FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Even CCR staff have given up on BA
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:23 am
Bullswood

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You sent it a clear instruction (I presume) and BA have registered it even if the YF lady couldn't find it. It's dated before your return to the USA. So if BA no-show it, then ultimately it's BA's problem not yours, other than you will presumably benefit from 40 TPs and a few Avios when the refund is calculated. I can see that needing the back office to do the calculation. It was clearly beyond the skills of the person you were dealing with, and I suspect the ticket was in a mess by now, hence someone else will need to look at it. But having made the declsion you are ok, BA's own conditions of carriage allow a refund after 5 hours of delay so it's not even controversial.
Thanks c-w-s. Yes, everything clear, emailed & screen shot. Your logic is as ever irrefutable but we seem to live in interesting rather than logical times...

Hopefully Tafflyer is pessimistic about the refund calculation - it's hardly voluntary as no longer time for side trips to book-end my primary UK family visit (not to mention the zero confidence of not getting stuck somewhere else & missing my SFO/SYD). Would expect min 50 pc as never got to destination. But perhaps that's too logical?

Last edited by Bullswood; Jul 2, 2022 at 11:32 am