FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Increase in Flights, Are Restrictions Lifting?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:00 am
AlwaysAisle

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Only ANA
At least for ANA all the cases of that are at HND, which does allow for overnight stays. And those flights are mostly geared for those starting or ending in Japan.

The NRT terminal with no overnight stays has almost all flights arriving in quick succession and then departing an hour or two later in the afternoon of the same day.
Pre-pandemic that was the business plan for ANA. Executives on interviews with business press said that ANA will focus on Japan O/D passengers for HND flights and NRT flights will be focused on passengers transiting in Japan.

Remember reading on Japanese press back in April last year where the president of ANA was interviewed and said post pandemic ANA's business model will change. I been keeping my eyes on anything indicating this new business model for ANA but I have not seen specific information mentioned yet. It is possible that the situation is still fluid that ANA thinks it is not the time yet to announce or finalize their post pandemic business plan. But one thing the president of ANA mentioned in the interview I read back in April last year, ANA may shift current balance of international/domestic operation to little more domestic heavy operation.

During the pandemic ANA has retired old 777s they had. ANA has 777X on order as a replacement aircraft for 777-300s, but delivery of 777X has delayed till 2055 due to delay in the certification process Boeing is facing. This could be blessing for ANA, I do not think ANA would like to accept new777X now. I wondered about ANA's A380s but looks like at least for now ANA is keeping three A380s.